Bravo Delta Models BDSESP Sikorsky SH-3D Sea King, Apollo 11 Columbia, Scale Model Helicopter
Bravo Delta Models BDSESP Sikorsky SH-3D Sea King, Apollo 11 Columbia, Scale Model Helicopter is a complete Sikorsky SH-3D Sea King Apollo 11 Columbia 'splash-down' recovery diorama.
With a rotor diameter of 19.5″ / 495 mm and a fuselage length of over 17.2″ / 440 mm this is a very large, very beautiful scale model and great value for money.
Last few remaining, exclusively to TrinityAries Limited via TrinityAries. Never to be repeated, once they are gone, they are gone.
On the 24th July 1969, Sikorsky SH-3D Sea King ’66’ from USS Hornet, piloted by Donald S. Jones and was the recovery helicopter for the Apollo 11 Columbia capsule, crewed by Neil Armstrong, Buz Aldrin and Michael Collins on the historic first lunar landing. Modeled with an Apollo shaped sea-scape diorama and authentic Columbia capsule with flotation ring. Helicopter is removable.
Helicopter ’66’ has been called “one of the most famous, or at least most iconic, helicopters in history,” was the subject of a 1969 song by Manuela and was made into a die-cast model by Dinky Toys. In addition to its work in support of NASA, Helicopter 66 also transported the Shah of Iran during his 1973 visit to the aircraft carrier USS Kitty Hawk. The aircraft crashed in the Pacific Ocean in 1975 during a training exercise, and has not been recovered.
- Crew: four (two pilots, two ASW systems operators).
- Capacity: three passengers.
- Length: 54 ft 9 in (16.7 m).
- Rotor diameter: 62 ft (19 m).
- Height: 16 ft 10 in (5.13 m).
- Disc area: 3019 ft² (284 m²).
- Empty weight: 11,865 lb (5,382 kg).
- Loaded weight: 18,626 lb (8,449 kg).
- Max. takeoff weight: 22,050 lb (10,000 kg).
- Powerplant: 2 × General Electric T58-GE-10 turboshafts, 1,400 shp (1045 kW) each.
- Maximum speed: 166 mph (267 km/h).
- Range: 621 mi (1,000 km).
- Service ceiling: 14,700 ft (4,481 m).
- Rate of climb: 1,310–2,220 ft/min (400–670 m/min).
- Length: (OA) 22.2″ / 564 mm.
- Length: (Fuselage) 17.2″ / 440 mm.
- Rotor Diameter: 19.5″ / 495 mm.
- Scale: 1:40.